Workman started fire in Woman’s rental home, destroying most of her household goods, refuses to pay for damages.

A workman started a fire when installing a telephone line in single mother’s rental home. Most of her household goods were damaged or destroyed and she was forced to live a cheap motel for six weeks, which was far from her children’s school. Her kids were considered homeless by their school and they were driven by taxi 45 minutes each way to school every day. When those responsible for starting the fire absolutely refused to do anything to help her, the mother turned to a Missouri Consumer Attorney.

Through the attorney the mother filed a Missouri Merchandising Practices Act lawsuit.

Her claims would not be possible if SB5 becomes law.